Director of Amabel & Associates
Amabel is the founder and managing partner of the firm. She advises both individuals and companies on all aspects of accountancy, secretarial and taxation matters.
- Graduated from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (“ACCA”), United Kingdom in 1997;
- Admitted as a member of ACCA in 1999;
- Admitted as a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountant (“ISCA”) in 2000;
- Admitted as a fellow member of ACCA in 2004;
- Admitted as an Accredited Tax Practitioner (Income Tax) of the Singapore Chartered Tax professionals (“SCTP”) in 2013
Prior to joining a Public Accounting Firm, she worked as an internal audit officer in a local Bank and a finance officer in a stock brokerage firm.
In just short span of seven years, Amabel rose rapidly to become the Audit and Accounts Manager in a Public Accounting Firm, leading a team of qualified auditors and accountants. Amabel worked very closely with the late precedent partner to ensure that all of the firm’s major statutory audits comply with the Companies’ Act and Financial Reporting Standards.
Amabel has garnered extensive professional experiences in Accounts, Taxation and Corporate work for diverse portfolio of clients across various industries, both local and international. She played a major role in the corporate restructuring of a few entities to prepare for the eventual success of their Mergers and Acquisition.
Her years of professional experience allowed her to successfully handle complex IRAS audit.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Advise clients on the type of business set up most suited to their needs
- Advise and assist in implementation of Automated Accounting System
- Tax Planning and Expatriate Tax Returns
- Payroll and Sales Tax-Related Consulting
- Business Valuation
- Due diligence work
- Ownership Succession Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consulting
- Business loan planning and refinancing
We congratulate our founder Ms. Amabel Quek for attaining her 22 years of membership with ISCA.
ISCA has awarded her in November 2019 with the 20 years membership milestone digital badge in recognition of her accomplishments, skills, abilities, knowledge and competencies in the Accounting Profession.