Corporate Tax Filing Season 2017- Filing the right way from the start
Posted on 23 October, 2017
- All companies, including those that had not carried out any business activities in the financial year or are in loss position, must efile Corporate Income Tax Returns for Year of Assessment 2017 (YA 2017) by 15 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 if paper file.
(Excludes dormant companies that have been granted waiver of Income Tax Return submission)
- Getting it right from the start by submitting correct forms and avoiding common mistakes.
All companies must file complete and accurate tax returns.
There are two types of Corporate Income Tax Returns, Form C and Form C-S.
- From YA 2017, e-filing of Corporate Income Tax Returns will be made compulsory in phases:
- YA 2018: Companies with Revenue more than $10million in YA 2017
- YA 2019: Companies with Revenue more than $1million in YA 2018
- YA 2019: All companies
Our company has successfully e-filed for all our clients since YA 2016
- Nearly $97 million recovered through compliance review programmes in FY16.
IRAS conducts regular compliance programmes with a focus on taxpayers who pose higher risks of non-compliance.
- Getting Assistance
Multiple channels of assistance are available, including a dedicated Corporate Tax Filing Season 2017 webpage (www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/CorporateTax2017/) that provides essential information on companies’ tax filing obligation and useful filing tips, and corporate tax filing seminars.
Our company can help you with your tax computations for the purposes of filing your tax returns. Call us at (O) 6538 7488 for a quotation without obligation.
Enhancing Corporate Transparency – More business information released for free public access
Posted on 13 July, 2017
To further enhance corporate transparency in Singapore, ACRA is releasing more business information for public to access freely.
Public can refer to ACRA’s free Entity Search function in the BizFile+ portal now to find out the entity’s business activity (SSIC), filing history and validity of the registered business address. ACRA plans to release even more information for public to freely access later this year.
It is therefore crucial for company to engage competence accountant and company secretary to ensure all its compliance matters are met in an efficient and timely manner.
From 2 June 2017 all newly registered/incorporated entities will be given a free copy of their Business Profile upon successful registration/incorporation.
Existing business entities registered with ACRA will also receive a free copy of their Business Profile after successfully renewing their business registration, or filing their Annual Returns or Annual Declarations.
PIC will be phased out after YA 2018. It is important to take note of when the expenditure is considered incurred for the expiry of PIC scheme after YA 2018
- Examples of when expenditure is considered as incurred and treatment of straddled items for the expiry of PIC scheme after YA 2018
- Clarification on procedures for submission of Application of Approval of IT and Automation Equipment
Cut-off Date for Submitting Case-by-Case Application Prior to Incurring the IT and Automation Equipment Expenditure for YA 2018
Posted on 1 June, 2017
As the PIC scheme will expire after YA 2018, companies who need to submit a case-to-case approval prior to incurring the IT & Automation equipment expenditure, have to take note of the cut-off dates for submission.
Reminder for Companies and LLPs to set up Register of Controllers
Posted on 30 May, 2017
Effective 31 May 2017, all existing companies and LLPs (unless exempted) are required to set up Register of Controllers. Newly incorporated companies and LLPs have up to 30 days from the date of incorporation to meet the requirement. Detailed information such as the latest updated version of ACRA issued guidance, forms of notice and a video on how to set up the register are available on the ACRA website.
Amendments to EP200, Companies Act and Limited Liability Partnerships Act
Posted on 24 April, 2017
Significant changes that accountants need to be aware of.
Transition to CorpPass to access EPOL/WPOL before December 2017
Posted on 17 April, 2017
CorpPass will be required for business transactions with the Government by end 2017